Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:28:58 +0100
From:      Marcus von Appen <mva@sysfault.org>
To:        Roman Divacky <rdivacky@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator on RELENG_7 causes games to hang

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On, Sun Dec 02, 2007, Roman Divacky wrote:

> > servers. Unfortunately I had no chance to track it down on RELENG_7 so
> > far - getting back in time turned out to be a real pity and installing a
> > clean system for every dated cvs snapshot is more than a pain.
>=20
> you have to update only the kernel.. that should not be such a big problem

In fact it was. The kernel did not like to be built without cleaning
anything else first. Various compile time errors occured, which made it
impossible to update it separately from the rest - no idea why that
happened, I guess, that some missing environment setting messed up the
tree.

Anyhow, I could track the RELENG_6 issue down to the changes made on
2007-07-08, which were a big MFC made by netchild. A kernel build
starting from the 8th does not work, the 7th is still okay.

I'm starting once more with RELENG_7 now I have an idea about the
time frame of RELENG_6.

Regards
Marcus

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC