Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 1995 13:44:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu
To:        bynum@sed.cs.fsu.edu (Mark Bynum)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any other sound cards work?

}
} I am thinking of buying a sound card and was wondering if any others were
} supported than was just in the FAQ.  Do sounds cards that say they are
} compatible with Sound Blasters work, or is just the Sound Blaster that is
} supported? Are there going to be any additional sound cards supported in 2.1?
} Can anybody recommend a good one?

Hiya,

  Yes, my Media Vision card works fine with FreeBSD.  It's a Soundblaster 2.0
compatible card with a Mitsumi FX-001 CD-ROM interface.  Both the card and
my CD-ROM work great.  The only trick is that the card has to be reset by
the DOS device drivers before either will work.

--
                    -=(*)=-   Kristyn Fayette   -=(*)=-
                           kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu