Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 2010 01:27:45 GMT
From:      Aiza <aiza21@comclark.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/144516: Remove obsolete sections from handbook

>Number:         144516
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Remove obsolete sections from handbook
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Section 27.3 Using Kernel PPP and section 27.7 Using SLIP are obsolete.

Kernel PPP was rewritten and became User PPP back in release 2.1 I believe. It has only be carried forward for backward computability. Remove this section or at least add statement at beginning of section saying this function is obsolete and has been replaced with User PP which is the preferred method to use.

Slip was never embraced by the ISP community from the very start. In today’s world where cable and dsl access is the norm dial up access is hard to find and slip access is not offered at all. Remove this section or at least add statement at beginning of section saying this function is obsolete.