Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 2021 16:12:44 -0700
From:      John Doherty via freebsd-virtualization
 <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
To:        "Oleg Ginzburg" <olevole@olevole.ru>
Cc:        "Miroslav Lachman" <000.fbsd@quip.cz>, rgrimes@freebsd.org, jbo@insane.engineer, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bhyve vCPU limit

On Wed 2021-12-01 11:13 AM MST -0700, <olevole@olevole.ru> wrote:

> As far as I remember, it is not enough to simply change one parameter
> in .h file: https://bhyvecon.org/bhyveconOttawa2019-Rodney.pdf

I may be wrong but my understanding is that prior to the work described =

in that presentation, some of the bhyve data structures were such that =

vCPU counts above 21 would not be possible. That work resolved that but =

the VM_MAXCPU value was left at 16.

On my system, I'm sure that all I did was edit vmm.h, make buildworld, =

and make installworld.

I did some other stuff while sort of stumbling toward that eventual =

solution, described here:

<https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2021-May/0095=
08.html>

Once what I was doing wrong was pointed out, it seemed to me that after =

editing that file, "make buildworld" and "make installworld" would be =

the simplest way to do things, so that's what I did. It's been working =

fine for six months or so.