Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:24:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@guardian.fortress.org>
To:        Stuart Henderson <sthen@naiad.eclipse.net.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for tool to post usenet from batches

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 10:55:13AM -0500, Andrew Webster wrote:
> > I'm looking fora tool to post usenet news batches received from a UUCP
> > client using "post", not "ihave".
>=20
> I think "suck" has something that should let you do this.
> Or the client could run Newscache (unix) which has a download
> mode, I think it's written by someone in Austria (this is not
> the same as NNTPCache, which although similar doesn't let you
> download a batch). That would allow them to choose groups
> dynamically.

I've been using suck to feed the uucp client, but the rpost program
doesn't understand a batch =E0 la rnews, but rather it wants a list of
article numbers, similar to the way inn presents them.

>=20
>=20

Andrew Webster     FULL SERVICE ISP
President          http://www.pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.        Access: PPP - SHELL - UUCP - VPN - ...
P.O. Box 147       Hosting: WWW - Email - DB - Your Servers  - ...
C.S.L. QC H4V 2Y3  tel: 514-990-5911 fax: 514-990-9443