Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        eischen@vigrid.com (Daniel Eischen)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, rcarter@pinyon.org
Subject:   Re: opt_linux.h, opt_nfs.h, and friends

> > My make buildworld this morning ~6:30AM MST fails in lkm/linux
> > looking for an opt_linux.h.  Touching the file in the
> > obj hierarchy gets through lkm/linux but then the build
> > fails looking for opt_nfs.h and couple of others (going
> > from memory, which erodes yearly...).
> >
> > Now I just re-cvsupped all my sources last night, but this
> > is only a couple of day old -current.  Not seeing any
> > complaints in current or fixes in cvs-all makes me
> > suspect something on my side.  What am I missing?
>
> I got the same thing from a CVSup on 6/30/98(last night).
> I re-CVSup'd this morning, and will try again later, but
> you're not alone.

I think Bruce has just fixed those bogons...

This is the X'd time lately that current has been broken for days.
I can accept that there can be runtime erros/bugs in new code, its
very difficult to check for all situation s given maybe only one
machine to test it on.
BUT, there is absolutely NO excuse for committing code that
wont even compile..

Maybe we need to reconsider the whole commiters/access scenario...