Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:46:36 -0700
From:      "Ian Cartwright" <ian351c@home.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>, "Ian Cartwright" <ian351c@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Netgear MA401 and WEP

Hi Kevin,

My mistake on the "-p 0" part of the wicontrol script, that should read "-p
1" this was an old script that I have been modifying on and off fro the past
few weeks. Even entering the commands manually at the command line (with no
script) doesn't work. BTW: I'm not sure, but I think "-t 11" works but is
undocumented, since the wi man page states that 11MBps is supported and the
equivalent ifconfig ("ifconfig wi0 mediao DS/11Mbps") works ok. But I have
tried leaving the -t setting at it's default with no success.

In the course of my toubleshooting I have tried a bare bones approach. Like
so:

- no pccard_ether entry in rc.conf
- no start_if.wi0 script
- stock pccard.conf (i.e. no wicontrol commands in it)
- configure from the command line via wicontrol or ifconfig
  -wicontrol -k 0x1111111111 -v 1
  -wicontrol -e 1
  or
  -ifconfig wi0 nwkey 1:0x1111111111