Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 14:28:30 +1100
From:      davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au (David Nugent)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getty ppp detection

J Wunsch writes:
> > I believe so since our getty should do it already. I haven't yet
> > tested it, but will be doing so in the next couple of days, but
> > many folks maintain that it works.
>
> At least, there's a submission in a PR for this.  I'm listed as the
> person being responsible, but never could decide to actually put it
> in.  Now that you're bloat^H^H^H^H^Hmaintaining getty anyway :),

:-) Watch it or I'll throw it right back.

> feel free to take it over:

Ok.

~
> >Release:        FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE i386

Er.. is it supposed to work in 2.1 too?

Ok, I'll look at the PR. I only glanced at this in getty, but the
detection code looks pretty similar to mgetty's. I know mgetty's
works.

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/