Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:50:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/47045: Missing COMBRD variable in sources

The following reply was made to PR i386/47045; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To: Root <info@esm2.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:40:57 +1100 (EST)

 On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Root wrote:

 > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE i386 and 4.7-STABLE too
 >
 > 	Missing variable (#define) COMBRD(x) in sioreg.h
 >
 > We've tried to set up a serial console and change the speed
 > as described in the handbook, we need to make boot blocks
 > so:
 >
 > cd /usr/src/sys/i386/boot/biosboot
 > make

 biosboot isn't supported.  It was replaced by boot2 and loader in
 FreeBSD-3.0 or thereabouts.  Its sources were axed in -current
 but not in RELENG_4.

 If the handbook says to do this, then it is more than 4 years out of
 date.

 Bruce