Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Strickland <PurpleWarrior@cyberjunkie.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: misc/4013: boot floppy hangs if IDE ZIP Drive present

The following reply was made to PR misc/4013; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeff Strickland <PurpleWarrior@cyberjunkie.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, jeg@condor.circa.ufl.edu
Cc:  Subject: Re: misc/4013: boot floppy hangs if IDE ZIP Drive present
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:19:42 -0500

 Also having the same problem, but even when I unhook the zip and Jaz
 drives from their external ports, the installation still stops after the
 probing.  The only difference being that my HDD is IDE and the CD-Roms
 are both SCSI-2.  The SCSI adapter is a PELogic (emulated correctly by
 the AIC-63xx driver).  It finds the HDD, and the CD-Roms and the size of
 the CD's in the drives, but won't go to the install.  I've tried only
 placing one CDRom drive on the card, but I get the same result.  I've
 checked the termination, and it's OK.  Was able to get a minimal install
 off a DOS partition, but only with everything disconnected.

 As a side note, the installation goes OK if the SCSI card is plugged in
 with no devices attached, but if anything is attached to it, problem
 occurs.  Also, after installation, it boots OK with everything attached,
 but it hangs when I try to enter the /stand/sysinstall program, just
 like the installation.

 Jeff Strickland
 jtstric1@ua1vm.ua.edu