Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:20:02 +0200
From:      Stefan Zehl <sec@yoda.pi.musin.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Staroffice 4.0 sp3 running

Hi,

I just managed to install Staroffice 4.0sp3.

It requires the file /proc/<pid>/cmdline to run.

Fortunately due to the linux emulation layer, you can guess the PID the
running process will have, and touch /compat/linux/proc/<pid>/cmdline -
this will suffice for it to run.

I have just added (an dummy-version of) cmdline in my local copy of
procfs, but I remember that there was some talk, not to 'bloat' procfs
with such things.

I'm basdically asking now, which route do we want to take ?
an addition to our procfs ? an seperate linux-procfs ?

CU,
    Sec
--
Komme wieder