Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:51:30 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>, "arch@freebsd.org" <arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] making /bin/sh the default shell for root

Dirk Meyer wrote:=0A=
>Baptiste Daroussin schrieb:,=0A=
[stuff snipped]=0A=
>=0A=
>We have already "toor" for sh.=0A=
As an aside, I will note that having multiple passwd entries for the same u=
id somewhat=0A=
breaks the mapping done by nfsuserd(8), since it will map the uid to one of=
 the names.=0A=
=0A=
It is not a big issue, but in my perfect world, there would not be "toor".=
=0A=
=0A=
I don't have an opinion on what shell root should use.=0A=
=0A=
rick=0A=
=0A=
I disgree on the "user friendly" part of sh.=0A=
History search in sh and bash can't hold a candle angainst csh.=0A=
=0A=
Migration of aliase will be painful as ">&" and "|&" is not supoported.=0A=
=0A=
I vote strongly against it.=0A=
=0A=
kind regards Dirk=0A=
=0A=
- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany=0A=
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]=0A=
=0A=
=0A=