Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 06:16:39 -0400
From:      Matthew White <mtw@user1.channel1.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        brian@user1.channel1.com
Subject:   kernel panics

Hello All-

I got this console message the other day.  Then a linux kernel panics and
you get a message like this, you're supposed to mail it to Linus.  Is there
a person in the FreeBSD development team that gets these messages?  Can
anyone on the list tell me what this means?  Another box on our network did
the same thing, until we replaced the overheating hard drive.  Would that
cause these panics?

The box is a P-166, 128MB RAM, 8GB (AHA-2940) disk, 2.1.6. It does NFS
exporting to our web server, POP email, telnet sessions, and primary DNS.

Fatal Trap 12
Page fault while in kernel mode
Fault virtual address = 0x0
Fault code = supervisor write, page not present
Instruction pointer: 0x8: 0xf017a65
Code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL, 0, pres 1, def32 1,  gran 1
Processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
Current process 	= 95 nfsd
Interrupt Mask	=
Panic: page fault

Thanks,