Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2014 09:23:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RFC and testing: NFSv4.1 server going into head

Hi,

I think that the NFSv4.1 server code in projects/nfsv4.1-server is
about ready to be merged into head.

As such, if anyone has the resources to do so in the next 2 weeks,
please take a look at the code and/or test it.

Also, feel free to make any comments w.r.t. merging this code into
head, such as preferred timing, whether or not you think it should
happen, etc.

If/when the merge is done, it will be fairly large, but shouldn't
affect the NFSv3, NFSv4.0 server functionality (however, I may
screw up and break them for a little while;-). I think NFSv4.1 might
be useful, since it uses sessions to provide "exactly once"
RPC semantics, which should improve overall correctness. This server
code does not have any pNFS support in it. Implementing a pNFS server
is a large project that may happen someday.

Thanks in advance for any testing/review/comments, rick
ps: The NFSv4.1 client is already in head and the options for
    mounting with NFSv4.1 are "nfsv4.minorversion=1" for FreeBSD
    and "vers=4,minorversion=1" for the Linux client.