Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:27:46 -0500
From:      Pete Mckenna <pmckenna@uswest.net>
To:        Kevin Lynn <klynn@santacruz.org>
Cc:        Luiz Morte da Costa Junior <morte@correionet.com.br>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: L440GX+ Server Board

We have a few dozen running mostly as uniprocesser boxes.
I have also put an adaptec 2940 in them and it works as well.
You need to run 3.2 or better to get the drivers for the on board
Adaptec.
The onboard NIC works like any other Intel 10/100 using fxp0, adding a
asecond nic makes the onboard fxp1 (for failover purposes, I assume)
We like them, and are trying to get Intel to make the reporting of temp
etc and power managment Unix friendly. You can get to the bios at boot
time (remotely via a com port) as it is which is nice.

Pete