Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:26:53 +0100
From:      David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba internal modem

Hi,

befor I use the modem as christmas tree decoration :-) I decided to take
a closer look at it.
The "modem" is not a modem but just a dsp from Lucent and a relais to
pick up the phone. So everything has to be done in software.
Lucent has a Linux driver for this modem as compiled binary. But there
is some effort in the Linux community to create a GPLed driver for the
Lucent modem. It is in an experimental stage yet, but seems to be on the
right way.
Is anybody from the FreeBSD team trying to port this to *BSD?

Thanks, David.