Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 95 17:47:07 EDT
From:      mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
To:        faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
Cc:        hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Sound stuff again (GUS MAX)

On Wed, April 12, 1995 at 12:58:23 (-0500), Boyd Faulkner wrote:
 > Did you tell it you have a MAX?  Don't.  It works better.  gmods still
 > don't work quite right but cat *.au > /dev/audio and such do.

	I didn't tell it I had a MAX.  Gmods don't work right for me, and
playing a wav file with the splay or vplay from the sndkit is kinda messed
up too...

 > > 	Well, grepping for that reveals nothing, but I still have problems.
 > > Mixer programs show SYNTH, PCM, LINE, and MIC as the only valid sources to
 > > change the volume for.  I should be able to change the volume for CDROM and
 > > master VOLUME as well.

 > Really?  Do you have a CD on the card?

	Well, I don't have a CDROM being *controlled* by the card, but I do
have the output of a SCSI CDROM plugged into the GUS's CDROM Audio Input
connector... do I need to do something else?

 > > 	I still have problems with playing .wav's and raw audio data.  What
 > > happens is there is a bit of the sample repeated after it is played.  I
 > > still also have problems building gmod and using it.  It makes squeaky
 > > noises and generally messes up the samples.  A gmod compiled under 1.1.5.1
 > > works just fine.  I don't get it.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration