Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:24:11 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Subject:   Re: This just in: Microsoft/Sears Merger

At 06:23 PM 12/20/98 +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>On 20-Dec-98 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>>> This is a classic demonstration of Microsoft yet again buying into a market
>>> in which they do not belong.  SOOO how many users does Microsoft Network
>>> have?  Noone cares, America Online bought out that market ages ago.
>>
>> Why is it that nobody seems to have read far enough into Brett's
>> posting to see that he openly admitted it was a flagrantly bogus
>> press release and merely satirical?
>
>*grinning sheepishly*
>
>Weren't we discussing hypothetical situations regarding MS FUD's techniques
>and acquirements then?
>
>(Was that convincing enough?  =)

Ahh you say bogus now, but for every blantant lie, there's a shred of truth
don't you know..

Microsoft's going to have to do something to combat Sun/AOL's little 350
million dollar ECommerce deal.  Let alone AOL's shopping plaza, AOL's
MyNews Service, and many other things.  Either they'll buy a store, or
they'll build one.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP ID: 409A1F7D