Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 1995 21:35:04 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        adrian@virginia.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whatsup with cdrom.com ?

>On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
>> I don't wcarchive has ever supported 500 users. I could be wrong
>
>	I know at ome point the limit was advertised as 550 and there
>were on average > 490 users on at any point.  I believe this was last
>fall.  I remember this point, because I used it as a bragging feature to
>convice people to try FreeBSD. ;-)

   As has already been said, wcarchive had more memory then (192MB). I think
we had the anonymous limit at around 400-450 for awhile, and it may have been
as high as 500-550 for short periods.
   For the future (say 3-6 months from now), there are plans to upgrade the
machine to handle that type of load again...we just need more memory.

-DG