Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 07:05:47 +1000
From:      "Don Hansford" <donh@halenet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: difference between freebsd & linux

G'day Oscar,
I am currently using BSD as a standalone workstation, with no problems at
all. Now that I have finally managed to snaffle an external modem, I'm about
to set it up as my home network gateway.
As for room, I started out with a 1GB partition, stretched it to 2, then
just blew Windows right off the machine, and now have 4.3 GB, all for
FreeBSD!
If it wasn't for the necessity for work-related stuff, I wouldn't have a
Windows machine in the house!!
I have a mate with Linux on his machine, and it really is interesting to
switch between them, just to check out the differences (and similarities).
We're hoping to have the local Users Group up and running in the next few
weeks, for all flavours of alternate OS's.
Regards
Igor