Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:15:29 +0100
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        "Gavin Atkinson" <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: shutdown -p now reboots server instead off power down

>> Hello all.
>>=20
>>  I have a proliant ML110 server, with the latest FreeBSD 9.0 current.
>> (cvsuped today)
>> When i do a shutdown - p now on the system, it reboots instead of the
>> power down it used to do.

>Which version was the last that successfully powered down?

>Gavin

I really can not tell.
I installed it from cd and then do a buildworld around every 2 days.
I always reboot (shutdown -r) but last time we had some maintenance to
do at the power net.
So i needed to shutdown the server.
Then i discovered that a -p did not powerdown the server anymore.

regrads,
JOhan =20