Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 1996 16:58:50 +0200 (GMT)
From:      Robin Lunn <robin@is.co.za>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel only sees 64Mb of RAM

Hi there,

We've just installed FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE onto a P-100 with 128Mb of ram.
The kernel (as yet only the GENERIC kernel) only sees 64Mb of memory.  I see
no special definitions in the GENERIC kernel config file on my development
system that would cause it to be limited as such.

Have looked through the html handbook and FreeBSD 2.X FAQ on kernel
configuration topics and see nothing of note.  Will this problem be solved
by a kernel compiled on that machine that has 128Mb of memory?  Do I change
some obscure value while under kernel -c before complete boot?

Any help appreciated.
--
_ __                  | Only my ideas here unless I say otherwise...      _
' )  )     /          | (BeamJack@IRC)                                   / \