Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 01:55:21 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting 2nd cpu

Hi,

>param.c vnode_if.c config.c
>config.c:1: opt_config.h: No such file or directory
>mkdep: compile failed.
>*** Error code 1

[ so I asked to see his config.c file ]

>Ok... here it is
>

>#include "opt_config.h"

this line doesn't appear in my similar file.  I suspect that the problem is
-current has added a new feature to 'config' (/usr/sbin/config) which is
breaking things.  The best strategy is to stick with -current at the date that
the SMP kernel was last merged with it.  So if my theory is correct you need
/usr/src/* dated approximately December 3, 1996.  I'm pretty dumb when it comes
to this sort of thing, could someone provide the magic incantation to cvsup the
-current src tree as of that date?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD