Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:12:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetBSD on June issue of Byte Magazine

Amancio Hasty fired:
% It appears that Oracle is using NetBSD for its NC OS .  So in short
% there is hope for Unix to be user friendly and great looking .
% Check out  NC's desktop on page 64

Michael Smith vollied:
> Anyone keeping an eye on the DNARD ("shark" :
> www.digital.com/semiconductor/dna.htm) could have told you this 8)

Amancio countered:
> What I am attempting to address is that with what we got today we can
> go a long way when it comes to ease of use and configuration.

Uh, no.  If you read the Digital Semiconductor page closely, you will
learn that NetBSD is being distributed with the DNA (Digital Network
Appliance) board as a development system.  The final application is
expected to run on "NC Access" from Network Computer Inc.  I believe,
but cannot substantiate, that Wind River Systems is a partner in the
OS portion of NC Access.

On the other hand, it's a cool little design.  I can't wait until
my 2 arrive.  ;^)  (Only 100 Mhz processors, though.  Pooh!)