Date:      26 Dec 2002 13:23:23 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        nakai@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mono way out of date

On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 08:58, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> I think I sent a request to have this updated sometime back.  The response I
> was given was that boehm-gc was out of date and it seems to have been
> dropped at that.  It appears to me that boehm-gc is at the latest version,
> 6.1.   I would like to see the 5.0 FreeBSD release contain the latest mono,
> so if whomever is responsible for this port, could again pick up the ball
> and get this updated to 0.17, it would be greatly appreciated by at least
> me.

I personally have no interest in maintaining mono at this time.  Juli
Mallet has expressed interest in maintaining it, as well as the reason
why it hasn't been updated (boehm issues).

I've done a update to 0.17 available as a diff at
http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/freeze/.  However, it will not be
going into 5.0-RELEASE.  I'm not even sure it works.  I wouldn't mind
signing mono over to someone that would be more interested in
maintaining it.

Joe