Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:34:01 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: TeX experts on this list?

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 03:55:44PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> No clue about jadetex.cnf, but you can patch jadetex.dtx in the jadetex
> port to include url.sty very easily (that's one of the attached
> patches).

  I went with a make variable, TEXCMD, since I don't think it's an
isolated incident where we'll need to pass some TeX commands to the
backend.  I also added the \def\PageTwoSide{1} to TEXCMD that is
necessary for newer versions of JadeTeX.  I still have some fixes to
the stylesheet that I need to commit to make two sided output look
better (it gets confused at a few places right now), but that should
come this weekend.

> Then you have to change the definition of ulink in our stylesheets,
> which is another attached patch.

  I committed this with slight modifications.  I neglected to check
for %tex-backend% before spitting out \url{..} but justification
already implies that in the first place.

  The justified output now looks pretty nice, although we'll need to
tweak some more TeX knobs so that the URLs don't show up pink
(although wrapped really well!).

	- Murray