Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 22:34:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Automatic Reboots and Locking up.

> ki# netstat -m
> 49 mbufs in use:
>         9 mbufs allocated to data
>         12 mbufs allocated to packet headers
>         25 mbufs allocated to protocol control blocks
>         3 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
> 6/108 mbuf clusters in use
> 222 Kbytes allocated to network (8% in use)
> 0 requests for memory denied
> 0 requests for memory delayed
> 0 calls to protocol drain routines
>
> 	Mine is using NMBCLUSTERS based on maxusers, as I havn't made
> any changes to my config file for it, but I believe on yours, you should
> see something like:
>
> X/4096 mbuf clusters in use
>
> 	What is the X?

A few seconds before I got this output, the mbufs in use were over 1000,
and the machine has only been on about 6 minutes. (Since the last time it
hung on a reboot)

813 mbufs in use:
	543 mbufs allocated to data
	262 mbufs allocated to packet headers
	6 mbufs allocated to protocol control blocks
	2 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
523/726 mbuf clusters in use
1553 Kbytes allocated to network (73% in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

P.S. I also get an occasional error from the kernel "nfsd send error 55"
can anyone tell me what error 55 is and what evil thingI must be doing to
the machine to get it?

BTW, mbufs in use are now at 1561.

Thanks

Paul