Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:45:21 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Commercial Tripwire available for Linux, not FreeBSD

Brett Glass writes:
> At 09:01 PM 2/24/99 -0800, Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
> >And if anyone else is interested on Tripwire now is a good time to ask for a

> >native Freebsd port
>
> Can we marshal an effort to do this? They're at http://www.tripwiresecurity.c
om/.

Why? What does the commercial version of tripwire have over the free
version? And of that, what's so terribly hard to implement?

Checking their homepage there is mention of deficiencies in Tripwire
1.2: http://www.tripwiresecurity.com/products/ASR1_3.html

Naming, "Tripwire v1.3 Academic Source Release" sounds much like
something "for educators only" but it appears one would have to
download it to find out. Clicking on download it asks me to register
without telling me what I'm registering for or what they will do with
this registration information.