Date:      Tue,  4 Apr 1995 15:44:12 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, smpatel@wam.umd.edu, swallace@ece.uci.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Whee - I've got my MBONE feed..

In message <199504041058.UAA18359@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans
    writes:

>>Perhaps in the kernel sound code, we should have SNDCTL_DSP_GETBLKSIZE
>>accept both _IOWR and _IOR types for backwards broken compatability.
>>What do you guys think?

>The old, broken ioctl must be preserved until you are sure that there
>are no applications using it, i.e., "forever".

Can we claim old binaries support even if original author (Hannu) claims
just opposite thing? Really?
There is too many changes in each voxware version beside
this ioctl which prevents running old binaries.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -