Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:17:51 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        Brian O'Shea <boshea@ricochet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Can't build Kernel...

> I had this problem yesterday too.  What are you updating from, and
> what procedure did you follow to update?

4-Stable as of Thursday. After the recent commitments to 4 Stable I
wanted to have them ASAP ;-)

> and updated my sources some time yesterday morning.  To get around
> this problem, I did a buildworld followed by an installworld (I'm
> assuming this was needed to update the compiler, assembler and
> friends) and then built the kernel.

Hm... So you mean I should risk an installworld before I've got the
new Kernel (I normally do the make world/make kernel stuff all
together)? Well, I'll try that on a devbox...

> the wind.  Your situation may differ and you might want to follow
> the suggestions in UPDATING more carefully than I did.

Hmm. I'll try it, after all, it's a devbox and if the whole thing is
not working, I'll wait a few days and do another cvsup (last time this did solve my
problems ;-.)