Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:26:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mark Huizer <xaa@xaa.stack.urc.tue.nl>
To:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: bin/626: ruptime doesn't like big uptimes

> did someone disparage FreeBSD uptime vs Linux ??
Huh???

> now i dont know what they are using this machine for at their site.   but
> surely if this had happened before it would have been fixed in the 4.3BSD
> release this kernel must be based on. ;))

All our FreeBSD machines did this...
Just that we never had a machine up for over a year before :-)
And then we found out there was this stupid restriction on the uptime in
the source...

> Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
> FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
> play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
> ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346

Mark Huizer
- Mark Huizer -  xaa@stack.urc.tue.nl   - markh@win.tue.nl		-
- Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustating	-
- as reading sex manuals without the software.  -- Arthur C. Clarke	-