Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 01:31:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        tcobb@staff.circle.net
Cc:        green@unixhelp.org, khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: Problems in VM structure ?

:I'm seeing different responses depending on hardware.
:
:On regular Pentium 166 machines, I almost NEVER get
:a panic.  On brand-new Pentium II 350s, I get a panic
:every 6-9 hours.  This happens when both kernels are
:configured the same for maxusers.  It happens when
:both machines are under the same load level -- the
:P5 stays rock solid, the P6 flakes out.
:
:What's the chance that our kernel adaptations for PIIs
:is partly at fault?
:
:-Troy Cobb
: Circle Net, Inc.
: http://www.circle.net

    With what config?  Have you tried reducing maxusers to 128?

					-Matt