Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:52:37 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -CURRENT freeze under high load

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 06:16:12PM +0200, Andrea Campi wrote:
> All my problems are now gone. This sort of makes sense to me, as the culprit,
> qmail, is quite socket intensive.
>
> Anybody has any idea how to properly fix?

This patch changed quite a few things, so it's not obvious exactly
what is causing the problem.

Do you know if qmail does any discriptor passing? The code makes
discriptor passing a bit more mbuf intensive, so it's possible that
you're running your machine out of mbufs. I know qmail tends to
run machines as hard as it can, so it may have run the machine into
the ground.

Also, are you running on alpha or i386?

	David.