Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:11:38 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "BSD Blood" <bsdblood@hotmail.com>, <GLOBALLINK2001@aol.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modem

Obviously some people have infinitely more patience with pox-ridden hardware
than I have .....  the last generic modem I had was one of the silver
colored spaceship styled "WebExcel" branded beasts .. possibly sold as
either "Protac" or "Rockwell" in other parts of the planet than OZ. It did
work fine ..... for maybe 6 - 8 hours. Now thats probably fair enough for
the average 2 hour a day dialup user but it certainly is NOT on a permanent
connection. Apparently the pretty color / design means the thing overheats
quickly & it then needs a few hours rest to cool off before its prepared to
do another shift.