Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2002 06:51:26 -0700
From:      rob <rob@pythonemproject.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TAD (technology attachment disorder)

Miguel Mendez wrote:

> When you look at someone with a unix background using Windows and then
> look at another person who learned about computers with Win, you see
> they tend to things pretty different, most of the Unix people have
> cygwin or u/win installed for when you miss a decent commandline :)
>
> Cheers,
> --

Thats true about Cygwin.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I
could compile Fortran programs on Windows without buying Lehey Fortran.
And they ran reasonably fast on a 1.8Ghz P4.  I was doing an 8000
segment antenna simulation.  Took about an hour with 500Mb peak memory
usage.  Plus Cygwin now has Windowmaker, so I feel right at home.  Rob.