Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:59:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Peter Brevik <pb@ludd.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   M$ refund.. ,a possible circumvent?

If the big companies are offering computers with M$ os only. Why not just use
a small company for buying one's computers. As it seems you get things cheaper
and at one's specification ?

My reason to buy computer in parts is mainly I'm very determine on having
the "right stuff" :). Like SCSI, soundcard & video supported by fbsd,
many slots etc.. Many resellers at least in Sweden/Norway sell almost only
IDE discs with their computers. Or SCSI at fantasy prices.. so usually the
computer get bought at one place and the scsi stuff at another.

Another thought is that if you must have M$ software bundled, it must be
stored. And when you order a harddisc I haven't heard that you have to buy
software bundled with the disc. So if one order the computer without storage
media and place the media order separatly. Maybe one could circumvent the
OS bundling ?

             /Peter