Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:52:56 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@Eng.Fabrik.COM>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Developer asks for list of desired supported cards

> Sinced you asked.... here is what'd I'd love to see supported.
> (Yes, I know I've gone way outside your PCMCIA query).
>
> 	Cardbus Support (CL CD6832)
> 		3com Fast Etherlink XL Cardbus controller (3c575tx)
> 		Adaptec Ultra SCSI (APA-1480A)

Are these CardBus?  (The 6832 is now supported in PCMCIA emulation mode
in both -stable and -current due to Ted Faber's work.)

> 	Multiple Controller Support

You and me both.

> 	PAO merged into -current, future bleeding edge develop done
> 	on a "mobile" branch.

PAO has too many

> As far as PCcards go,  I have the following cards:
> 	Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460A

Works now.

> 	GW2k XJ1560 Telepath 33.6 X2 Modem (USR OEM)

Should work easily.

> 	Megahertz XJ10BT

Should also work (is this a modem or an ethernet card?).  If the latter,
I want to get one of these if they are common.

> 	ATT KeepInTouch 28.8 Data/Fax Modem

Should also work.

> I've only played with the 1460A under FreeBSD.  I did have a
> working 3com etherlink card, but it died.  So, I guess,
> Mhz XJ10BT support would be number one on my 16-bit list.
>
> Or any 16-bit 10/100 or 100-only ethernet card!  I may just
> buy the 3com card Mike just meantioned to use until Cardbus
> support.

Don't hold your breath for Cardbus support from me. :(

Nate