Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 09:48:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Corrupted CVS updates

I've been having the devil's own problems with ctm and cvs lately.
For some reason, cvs-cur 2741 wouldn't apply (md5 checksum error in
pci.c, couldn't force), so I spent 30 hours re-rolling my tree from
cvs-cur 380a.  Then I updated my build tree, and make world has just
died while running sys/conf/newvers.sh.  On closer examination, this
file contains:

  #	@(#)newvers.sh	8.1 (Berkeley) 4/20/94
  <<<<<<< newvers.sh
  #	$Id: newvers.sh,v 1.22 1995/11/10 21:52:59 joerg Exp $
  =======
  #	$Id: newvers.sh,v 1.29 1996/11/26 06:55:35 ache Exp $

  TYPE="FreeBSD"

Now it definitely didn't do that a couple of days ago, and rcsdiff
shows that that's not what's in the repository, either.  Of course, my
update list has long since scrolled off the top of the screen, so I
can't check the error messages, but this happens often enough (about
every two months) to be annoying.  Where does this come from?

Greg