Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 15:35:28 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to put include files (was: cvs commit: src Makefile.inc1)

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:57:45AM +1000, Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2001, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> > > sbin/mount_null/Makefile
> > > sbin/mount_portal/Makefile
> > > sbin/mount_umap/Makefile
> > > sbin/mount_union/Makefile
> > >
> > FS headers should go into /usr/include/fs/<fs>fs.h, one per
> > each filesystem.
>
> <fs> without a slash?  This isn't so clear.  Lots of headers may be
> needed for <fs>_fsck.

Hmm, right.

Actually, I just want a consistency here, no matter which way we choose,
so we could get rif of all bogus -I${.CURDIR}/.../sys lines in Makefiles.
Should we put all FS-related headers under /usr/include/fs/<fs>/*.h then?

That would imply moving src/sys/ufs to src/sys/fs/ufs so that we could
make `make SHARED=symlinks' work as well.

(Similarly for src/sys/miscfs -> src/sys/fs/miscfs.)

I'm not sure what impact on third-party software that would have.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,