Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:57:08 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FBSD-ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Managing DNS

Hi
I was beginning to think that there is an easier way of managing hosted domains than
we're doing now. We're an ISP and we do host quite a good number of domains for
clients. These are mainly in the .KE but we also have .COM etc. Now we have to
enter those domain names for both Forward and reverse lookups. We do have a db
file for each domain that we host and most of the time the only difference in the
db file would be a static IP we've allocated a domain and possibly an A record
for a web page hosted elsewhere.

Isn't it possible to have a single db file for ALL these hosted domains?
What methods are others using out there?

TIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Want to make your computer go really fast? Throw it out a window.