Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 09:18:47 -0800
From:      "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf@Lamb.net>
To:        hm@kts.org, gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, isdn@muc.ditec.de
Subject:   Re: Any ISDN-BRI cards work under FreeBSD?

On Oct 31,  4:19pm, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> Subject: Re: Any ISDN-BRI cards work under FreeBSD?
> > > In Germany and other parts of Europe, the Teles S0 and compatible
> > > boards are supported.  They *should* work in the US
>
> They will not work in the US, simply because in Europe the NT is supplied
> by the Telecom's whereas in the US the NT has to be supplied by the user
> or by the device; the "user" interface in Europe is the S0 bus, in the
> US it is the Uk0 interface. A Teles bought in Europe has a S0 interface.
>
> There is a chance to get a Teles working in the US by also carrying an
> NT for every card with you, but i doubt this setup will work because of
> timing differences in the US.
>
> hellmuth
> --
> Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                    Hamburg,
Europe
>                                               (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD
?
>-- End of excerpt from Hellmuth Michaelis

Teles has US version of the cards. See at:

	http://teles.winterlan.net/

They also have the domain teles-usa.com, but have no web server there yet.

--
Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
Lamb Art Internet Services | http://www.Lamb.net/ | http://www.Alameda.net