Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 18:49:20 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   KERNEL PANIC in 3.1-stable

Further:

Another panic earlier today...

The message was seen on the console as "panic....kernel trap 12"
Syncing disks.....

The system did not seem to writing anything to disk. Just sitting on the
message syncing disk......
If the problem was in the scsi driver (cam) and the server was not able to
write to disk... then there
would be no message (in /var/log/messages) would there?

I have checked .... no message.... and yet it was a panic, the system tried
to sync disks and froze before rebooting.

Any ideas?
I recently updated to 3.1-Stable (10 May 1999)
(this was a hopeful exercise)

Greg