Date:      02 Jun 2002 01:41:55 -0400
From:      Muhannad Asfour <muhannad07@cogeco.ca>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Weird Problem with FreeBSD Server/Workstation

--=-ggkWFCdCrRDyy87Gs6pD

I know this might belong in a different list....but I've searched and
asked everywhere, and I can't seem to figure this problem out:

I setup a brand new machine (webserver) with FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and
it's a headless box now. When I try to ssh to it or even ftp from my
FreeBSD workstation, it doesn't go past me entering the
username/password, then the ssh session just freezes. The machine is
still on and everything and it didn't reboot or freeze, this only
happens in FreeBSD.  When I had NetBSD/OpenBSD on that box, it worked
fine.  I had this occur to me with an older machine and I thought the
hardware might have been flaky, so I bought a new machine and the same
problem still occurs.  Also, I've tried several different NICs and have
had the same problem.  This problem occurs with any service running on
the machine (ftp, ssh, http, telnet, etc.).  I've tried searching
through mailing list postings ( http://groups.google.com ) and asking in
many different FreeBSD-related IRC channels and have had no luck. =20

Thanks

--=-ggkWFCdCrRDyy87Gs6pD

--=-ggkWFCdCrRDyy87Gs6pD--