Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 06:22:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      dave adkins <adkin003@tc.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   proxy arp and ppp-current

Hi,

Excuse me if this is redundant. I sent it a few days ago and didn't see it
show up on the current list. The univerity was having a little trouble
with my e-mail host.

v1.22 and v1.23 of arp.c don't seem to publish the the ethernet address of
the server correctly with proxy arp. The entry, always reads as
incomplete. Going back to v1.21 of arp.c makes the problem go away.
Running arp.c as arp-test and looking at the hardware address shows that
the ethernet address returned by (get_ether_addr) is 0:0:0:0:0:0.

dave adkins