Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:25:55 -0400
From:      "Matthew X. Economou" <xenophon@irtnog.org>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Compaq AlphaServer install problem

Patrick,

Switch to hardware flow control.  I have always had problems with
software flow control on modern UNIX hardware, including a number of
Alphas running a variety of operating systems (including Red Hat Linux,
NetBSD, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD).  My guess is that you see the most
"corruption" when scrolling or redrawing the screen, as in the FreeBSD
boot process or the sysinstall program.

Best wishes,
Matthew=20

--=20
"In the social equation, the value of a single life is nil; in the
cosmic equation, it is infinite."
    - Arthur Koestler, _The Invisible Writing_