Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:02:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Jeff Lush <jeff@nerdpower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PicoBSD v0.445 Compilation Problems

On 22-Oct-99 Jeff Lush wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Well, more news, more questions.
>
> I changed my supfile, grabbed RELENG_3. Moved into picobsd, set it up
> correctly and started the build on the net version. Here's the
> output:
>
> (cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/inetd && make depend && make inetd.o)
> rm -f .depend
> mkdep -f
> .depend -a    -DRELEASE_CRUNCH -DCRUNCHED_BINARY -DNOSECURE -DNOCRYPT
> -DLOGI
> N_CAP  ine
> td.c
> inetd.c:131: tcpd.h: No such file or directory

tcpwrappers was added to 3.x after 3.1, hence your problem here.  I
suspect similar breakage below.  The problem is that you are trying to
build picoBSD with sources that are newer than the system you are
building it on.  The picoBSD sources and your system have to be of the
same vintage.  Either update your machine (see `Making the World Your
Own' in the _Tutorials_ at www.FreeBSD.org), or use 3.1 sources.  You
can get 3.1 sources via cvsup by using 'tag=RELENG_3_1_0_RELEASE'
instead of 'tag=RELENG_3'.

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/