Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:27:38 GMT
From:      efinley@efinley.com (Elliot Finley)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   softupdates VS. SCSI (Greg Lehey)

Hello,
     I'm going to be building a server that will run in an ISP
environment, and thus will have multiple concurrent users.

     I was thinking about softupdates/IDE VS. softupdates/SCSI.  It
doesn't seem like the SCSI has much advantage as far as writing to the
disk.  But it _does_ seem like the SCSI would have a _big_ advantage
when reading from the disk because it is able to reorder the reads to
be more efficient.

     So the question to all you drive experts (Greg are you
listening?) is:  does this sound right?
--=20
Elliot Finley (efinley@efinley.com)
Weird Science!