Date:      Wed, 01 Jul 1998 21:47:44 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/7059 (fwd)

In message <199807011701.NAA08352@rtfm.ziplink.net>, Mikhail Teterin writes:
>Is this a new policy for a PR database? This is only one of the
>PRs I submitted, which are "suspended". It looks suspiciously like
>dust that goes under carpet... I understand, there is lack of
>time*people to fix them, but why suspend?

It is a relatively new policy, I try to get through the database.
Things that have merit, but are unlikely to happen unless somebody
takes a fancy in them are moved to suspended, leaving "open" to mean
"still to be decided on" more or less.

suspended was not used for anything else, and does sadly enough reflect
will on the progress on many of these good and well deserving topics.

Including patches improves your situation a lot of course, but still
no guarantees can be given.

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal