Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:12:28 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: / system full

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Jeremy Buckner wrote:

> When I do a df -h on one of my machines I get this:
>
> stats# df -h
> Filesystem    Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/ad0s1a   194M   193M -15.1M   108%    /
> /dev/ad0s1e   1.3G   335M   866M    28%    /usr
> procfs        4.0K   4.0K     0B   100%    /proc
>
> This box isn't important to me but I was wondering how to find out were the files were that are
> taking up this space. Is there an easy way to search for it or not.

Since you don't have a /var partition (?!) the bulk of your data is
probably in /var/log or /var/mail

With 1Mb free on root I'd be clearing it out _fast_!

Once you've done that, perhaps look at making something like /usr/var and
linking /var to that. Have a look at newsyslog also, to keep your logs
trimmed.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia