Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 01:52:29 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>, joelh@gnu.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <FreeBSD-Current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: aout / elf library directories

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 01:24:11PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> From: Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
[...]
> >Is -current's /usr/lib/{aout,elf} going to persist for a while (which
> >would imply I should try to get this changed before release), or is it
> >a fairly temporary condition?
> >
> Don't know how long it's going to persist, but it will most likely persist
> through the 3.0 RELEASES.

Ooh.  I could've sworn jdp said this was only temporary...

[extended musical search interlude]

Aha.  It was sos.  See his Message-id: 199805270803.KAA17092@sos.freebsd.dk.

I think the timeframe for the death of /usr/lib/elf is within the next
couple weeks, if all goes well.

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.